Date of last update: 22 May 2018
Cookies used by our websites
- Do not store any personally identifiable information about you or information such as passwords.
- Do not (and cannot) allow us to access other information stored on your computer.
- Do not store any information about you that others could understand, or in any way compromise your security.
- Do allow us to provide a service whereby people can access their account, place a deal or open a new account, securely.
- Do allow us to monitor the number of people using our websites and monitor their activities.
- Do allow us to see how people arrive at our site (e.g. search for ‘Opportunity Peterborough’ on a search engine, or click on an email we have sent).
- Do allow us to gather technical information about people using our websites, such as their geographic location and the type of web browsers they are using.
- Do allow our websites to recall certain settings and preferences to make using our websites easier. We cannot identify what your individual preferences or settings are.
Types of cookie used on our websites
Session cookies: are stored on your computer and remain available for the duration of your visit to our websites. When you close your browser, any session cookies that have been set will be automatically removed from your computer’s memory.
Persistent cookies: are stored on your computer and remain there until they reach their expiration date or you choose to delete them. At this point, the browser will delete the cookie from your computer’s hard drive. Whilst the persistent cookie is present, the website that created it will have access to that cookie each time you return to that particular website.
Third-party cookies: these are installed by third parties with the aim of collecting certain information to carry out various research into behaviour, demographics etc.
How we classify the cookies we use
We use a system of classification developed by the International Chamber of Commerce. This allows us to classify the different types of cookies which we use on our websites and provide you with more information about why we use them.
Strictly necessary cookies are cookies that are essential in providing specific services you have requested from us. For example:
- Remembering information you have entered on online application forms when you navigate to different pages in a single web browsing session.
- Maintaining a logged-in session on our websites.
Performance cookies aim to improve our websites by collecting information about how you use our website. For example:
- Counting the number of visitors and how they move around our websites.
- Understanding what interests our users so that we can deliver the content and level of service you expect from us.
- Helping us to improve our websites by measuring errors experienced by users of our websites.
- Testing different designs or content on our websites.
Our websites use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (‘Google’). The cookies used by Google Analytics are third party cookies referred to above, and help our websites analyse how you use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of our websites (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information to provide us with reports on website activity and other services relating to website activity. For more information about how Google uses your data please see Google’s Privacy & Terms.
For more details on how Google protect the data we have about you please visit: https://privacy.google.com/businesses/
Social Sharing Cookies provide you with additional functionality to share content from our web pages to social media websites and email using the social media widgets or buttons found on our websites. Use of these widgets or buttons may place a cookie on your device to make their service easier to use and to ensure your interaction is displayed on webpages (e.g. the social share count cache is updated). We encourage you to review each provider’s privacy information before using any such service.
Managing your cookies
Most web browsers allow you to manage cookies via the browser settings. For example you may choose to delete existing cookies, prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or disable cookies altogether.
You can use the following links to find out more about managing these settings in your browser. If your browser is not listed below you can normally use the ‘Help’ functionality on your browser to find out about how it handles cookies.
If you have accepted cookies on our website and wish to change this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Opportunity Peterborough, Allia Future Business Centre, London Road, Peterborough, PE2 8AN and we will send you information on how to do this.